UES Class Evaluations
The Universal Evaluation System (UES) is UT Dallas' tool for course and instructor evaluation. As of Fall 2013, online evaluations are mandatory for all undergraduate and graduate classes with 5 or more students (classes with less than 5 students are evaluated by request). Evaluation responses are anonymous. Evaluation results are publicly available on CourseBook - student comments are not publicly available.
Want to submit an evaluation now? Tell us what class you're in and if the evaluation is open you can fill it in now. You will need to tell us the full class prefix, number, and section - example: ART3145.002
For Fall 2014, all students who complete their evaluations will be entered for a chance to win a prize. This includes any evaluations for the 1st 8-week sessions (if applicable). If you did not fill out the 1st 8-week session evaluations, you will not be eligible for the prizes, even if you later fill out all the full-term semester class evaluations. The prize drawings will take place throughout the evaluation period.
Incentive Prize Winners
- Drawing 1 - Apple iPad mini - November 26, 2014 - Winner: Daniel Lambert
- Drawing 2 - Apple iPad mini - November 26, 2014 - Winner: Joseph Hackenbracht
- Drawing 3 - Apple iPad mini - November 26, 2014 - Winner: Mehreen Mir
- Drawing 4 - Apple iPad mini - December 2, 2014 - Winner: Gordon Smith
- Drawing 5 - Apple iPad mini - December 5, 2014 - Winner: Ankita Patel
- Drawing 6 - Apple iPad mini - December 9, 2014 - Winner: Kiley Holbert
- Drawing 7 - Apple iPad mini - December 11, 2014 - Winner: Malik Wilson
- Drawing 8 - Apple iPad mini - December 16, 2014 - Winner: Darien Wong
- Drawing 9 - Apple iPad mini 3 - December 19, 2014 - Winner: Chandlar Montano
- Drawing 10 - Apple iPad Air 2 - December 19, 2014 - Winner: Pallavi Dev
Priority Access to Grades
In addition to being eligible for the incentive prize drawings, students who complete ALL their course evaluations will also be given priority access to view their grades in CourseBook before grades are made available in Orion. CourseBook is updated several times each day. Once your professor enters the grades, they will appear in CourseBook after the next refresh.
Email Based Class Evaluation
You may be invited to evaluation specific classes and/or instructors via an email from the UES system. Each email is personally generated for the recipient and contains a web address (URL) which will link directly to the evaluation page. Just click the link embedded in the email to start the evaluation - no login is required.
Viewing Evaluation Results
All evaluation results are openly available in CourseBook. School administrators may contact the Provost's Technology Group to learn about the UES Reporter - an alternate way to access results.
Need Help? Have Suggestions? Report an Issue or Concern? Contact the Evaluation Team
Please use the Evaluation Feedback Form.